Monday, September 8, 2014

Lyme recovery, September, 2014

It is week 10 after my Germany Lyme treatment. I am finally starting to feel better and having less pain on a few days per week. My strength has improved and I am sleeping better overall. I am still receiving weekly IV's along with other treatments and taking multiple supplements a day. I have been noticing hormonal changes and I know my thyroid continues to be an issue. I will soon need to battle those. I will be getting my hormones checked soon.  Recent bloodwork revealed higher than normal numbers for my liver. I will be making an appointment with my liver doctor real soon. I am continuing a gluten free diet but have not been successful with a dairy free diet. I personally do not think I have an issue with dairy. My stomach has been much better with the elimination of coffee. Oh how I miss my morning coffee though!!!! I am back to work full time. This has been very difficult for me since the summer was full of rest and more rest. I am back working with special needs children in schools. I am an occupational therapist and I love my job. Unfortunately, I am extremely busy and it is a very physically demanding job. I hope my progress continues so I can be the best I can be for my students, my family and myself! Oh, and a huge positive is that I rode my horse yesterday for the first time in a YEAR! I miss it so much. It was a good day.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Karin,

    Thanks for sharing the results of your Lyme treatment in Germany.

    I have Lyme disease and came across your blog as I'm also considering this treatment option. It's been a couple of months since your last update and I was wondering how you're going?

    Thanks and all the best,
    Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I feel bad I haven't posted on my blog lately. It has been 5 months since my treatment. When I left Germany, they told me 2-4 months for my pain to be gone. Well, that didn't happen. I have to say that I am really disappointed that Germany has not responded to my emails with my concerns about my progress. I have sent 4-5 emails but have not heard back from them. I have seen some progress but I still have pain and have to take pain medication to make it through the day. My pain was very severe(my biggest symptom). I have decreased my pain meds in half which is a good sign. I am doing everything they told me to do as far as supplements, detox etc... It is a long frustrating ordeal, but well worth it if it works in the end. What have you explored so far? I know there is a hospital in Ohio called West clinic that is helping people. May be worth checking out. Let me know if you have further ?'s. Good luck !

      Delete
  2. Hi Karin and Frost, I've been diagnosed with Lyme & co-infections 2 years ago. I'm currently exploring the option of a hyperthermia treatment in Germany, and would like to know if you considered that this treatment really help you to recovered? How are your days, are functional, are you able to work? Hope you don' mind me ask you these questions. You can send me a personal email at legalv@gmail.com. I would really appreciate if you can give me some guidance regarding this complex decision.

    Regards,

    Leo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get my reply from this email? Are you still considering Germany?

      Delete
  3. Hi Karin, In case the reason you've not provided any updates recenty is becuase you're still not feeling well, I want to pass along some information the St. George Klinik might not have shared with you. Apparently they used to say their treatment is for the 3 B's (Borrelia, Bartonella, and Babesia) but they've since retracted this and now only claim hyperthermia can kill all strains of Borreliosis (Lyme disease) since depending upon the strain of co-infection could or could not be resolved. Their results with co-infections is mixed, but have great results with Borrelia/Lyme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I explored Germany, they told me that the coinfections would be killed as well. When I was treated, they knew I had Bartonella. After months of minimal progress, I emailed the Germany doctors and it took forever for a response. Then one of the doctors said the hyperthermia only kills Borrellia. I flipped. I questioned him several times but got minimal response. Most people with Lyme have coinfections. What are they doing for them? Never got a response. Would I go through all that treatment if I had known only Borrellia would be killed? No. I still have pain daily. Pretty discouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi and thank you for your blog! I would like to know how you are feeling right now?

    ReplyDelete