Thursday, June 11, 2015

Hello.
It's been almost a year since hyperthermia in Germany. I have had some improvements but I continue to have pain on a daily basis. I just ended some of the supplements that were recommended by Germany doctors. I have been on a gluten, dairy and sugar free diet. My headaches continue and pain in my muscles and joints in my extremities. The big question everyone asks is if I thought the treatment was worth it. Very difficult to answer. The treatment slowed the progression. I feel stronger and the pain is less, requiring less pain medication. I had hoped for a full recovery as the Germany doctors thought I would be pain free in 2-4 months.  I am not sure if the Lyme and co infections were killed during treatment. One of the doctors had mentioned in a email late last year that hyperthermia kills Borrellia(Lyme) and not Bartonella(which I have). This was not what I was told when I investigated this treatment.  I am disappointed but will continue the fight.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Karin for sharing your journey. I am a 37 year-old male suffering from Lyme and co-infections for the past 15 years, and I'm considering going to Klinik St. Georg for treatment next year. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't recover as much as you had hoped, given the time and money you spent on the treatment. Please keep us posted on your progress with future updates to the blog. Thank you and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Karin. I was wondering, did you have any brain-related issues such as brain fog, difficulty focusing, mental fatigue, and etc before receiving the hyperthermia treatment; and if so, have those symptoms improved? I'm sorry to hear your pain issues have not improved as much as you had hoped, but I hope they will come around one day.

    Take care and bye for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had mild brain fog and memory issues. That was not my biggest area of concern, although I continue to have headaches,

      Delete
  3. I asked my Lymes doctor in Australia about his knowledge of success rates from hyperthermia treatment. He said about 25% get better, 25% has some improvement and the rest don't see any major benefit. I had been bitten by a tick in the head in October 2013 and after a large swelling in the area went on a anti biotics which cleared it up in a few days. My Lymes symptoms started with a headache going for 2 weeks in July 2014 several months after the bite. Currently I experience ringing in the ears and a thrumming in the brain. Mental fog, intermittent low level headaches nerve tingles in my skin in various places most noticeable when going to sleep. Bouts of brain burning fatigue mean I need to sleep during the day sometimes. The amount of sleep I get heavily effects my mental condition. I am on lots of supplements and had been on various anti biotics for a year with no substantial improvement, but no decline either. Been off anti biotics for a month and think the brain thrumming and mental fatigue is getting worse so looking into the hyperthermia treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been 10 months since an update. I have a friend of a friend headed for Germany for treatment so I was looking for encouraging news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karin, could you please write an update on your current health?
    I live in a small country, I would need to sell my appartment to go to the clinic and pay the treatment, so I would really like to know how are you now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karin, if you have some time can you do an update on how you are doing. I have a friend whose husband has lyme's and he is having a difficult time. I have sent her your blog to read. Thanks!! Christine

    ReplyDelete