Saturday, June 21, 2014

IV's and medical update

I have been getting various IV's throughout my treatment. Some include Vitamin C, Glutathione, Vit. B6, B1, magnesium, Rocephin, and sodium chloride with Selenase. I had to have my IV needle site changed as the first one wasn't working and hurt a lot. The nurses have trouble with my veins, so the doctor has to do mine. I continue to feel sick in my upper stomach and under my ribs. It hurts to move and lie on my back. I do not have an appetite and am not sleeping too well. The beds are quite hard so my shoulders/hips hurt from lying on my side.  I have cold sores on my lips and nose that are common after the hyperthermia. They have been able to decrease my pain medication which is really great news. I have periods of time with little to no pain! I have no therapies on the weekends, only IV's. Today we hope to visit the Therme bath in town where they have a pool, hot tub, and a sauna.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you, hang in there, this storm will pass and there are clear skies on the horizon-you will get there, I know it!

    ReplyDelete