Monday, June 23, 2014

Meeting with Dr. Douwes

Monday, Day 8 of treatment
The last few days my kidneys haven't been able to keep up with the I.V. fluids resulting in edema in my legs and feet. I also feel like I swallowed a balloon.  The doctor suspects some gallbladder and stomach inflammation after the hyperthermia.  My stomach pain has lessened but I continue to be nauseous and do not have an appetite.  Diuretics and thermal bath has been helpful to decrease the edema.  

Today, Chad and I met with Dr. Douwes, head of the St.Georg Klinik. We discussed the clinic's success in helping people with Lyme disease. Throughout the last few years, they have made changes to their Lyme protocol. He expressed that in their experience, pain from Lyme disease is the most treatable symptom. Dr. Douwes stated that people often notice some immediate pain relief when completing the 2 week treatment process.  Sometimes though, it may take awhile if there has been damage to the nerve endings. He noted that following the protocol is an important part of the treatment process.

Tomorrow is my 2nd and final Full Body Hyperthermia treatment.  I am looking forward to getting this over with.

Below is Karin and Chad with Dr. Douwes.



No comments:

Post a Comment