Sunday, June 29, 2014

Last day in Germany

Today is our last full day in Germany. We met with Dr. Kroiss today to go over my plan for when I get home. The hospital recommends 3 different I.V.'s per week and 26 vitamins and supplements for 3-6 months post hyperthermia. Many of the vitamins are basic including vitamin B complex, C, D, selenium, zinc and magnesium.  Other less common supplements include SAMe, Co enzyme Q10, L-Glutamine, and alpha-lipoic acid.  The doctor explained that some of the supplements are more important than others. For example, for those that have extensive neurological difficulties and brain damage from the Lyme, he recommends supplements that target brain repair and detox.

There have been several couples from Australia admitted for Lyme treatment the last few days.  I guess southern Australia is full of Lyme disease.

I am excited to come home. It has been a long 2 weeks.  Aside from persistent stomach issues, I feel a little better than when I arrived.  My pain is less severe on some days and my headaches are not as constant. This is promising!

No comments:

Post a Comment