Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My Story

Welcome to my blog.  Blogging is new to me so please be patient.  The purpose of this blog is to share my Lyme treatment experience in Bad Aibling, Germany.  The following is a brief history of my illness.

I have chronic Lyme disease as well as other common co-infections that are transmitted by ticks as well.  I have Bartonella, Babesia, and Mycoplasma. These other infections on top of the Lyme, make my symptoms and treatment much more complicated.  My symptoms started about 4 years ago with some pain in my hands, feet and jaw.  I remember having pain in my feet when getting up in the morning and walking from my bed.  Slowly, muscle weakness and fatigue started along with tingling in my face and other muscles.  I had trouble holding my arms up to put on make up and curling my hair.  Stabbing joint pain became more severe and spread up my arms and legs. I began to have periods of shortness of breath and heart palpitations.  A few years later, I lost half of my vision in my left eye, a torn retina.  I had to lie face down for 1 1/2 weeks for the recovery after eye surgery.  Of course, the eye doctor said there was no correlation with Lyme disease.  My doctor however, thought differently.  Lyme is known to attack connective tissue in the body and vision issues are noted in the literature.

A year and a half of antibiotics did not get rid of the infection, it only destroyed my stomach.  I have tried multiple treatments over the years including herbs, homeopathic supplements, rife/coiling, bee venom and photon therapy. I am on a gluten and dairy free diet, with no sugar and minimal carbs. I juice daily. I also purchased a infra red sauna to help with detox.  I was told that if your body has difficulty with detox, you will become more sick with treatments and it will take longer to become well.

This last year has been the worst.  On top of the stabbing pain which moves from joint to joint, the dull ache in my body does not go away.  My nights are filled with tossing and turning from the pain and night sweats/chills.  With little sleep, I am exhausted and depressed. My muscles and tendons hurt to the point of spasming.  The headaches are so severe that I have hypersensitivity to light and noises and it hurts to move my head.  The pain has moved more proximal into my shoulders, hips, neck and back.  It hurts to walk, sit, stand up, and just move.  I have not exercised in.....2 or 3 years.  I have lost muscle mass and strength.  I have a few good days in a week but most of the time the pain never goes away.  It takes all my strength to get up every morning.  Many days, I hope the day goes fast so I can go back to bed again. It has become very difficult at times to go on.  My husband has been amazing. He will get up in the middle of the night to give me a massage. He has been there for me, always.  I don't know what I would have done without him.

I started looking into other treatments about 8 months ago and my good friend told me about a woman who had gone to Germany with her daughter for hyperthermia and was completely cured.  A glimmer of hope had surfaced.  In Germany, they treat Lyme like cancer.  They bring a person's body temperature up to 107 degrees for 6 hours.  This high temperature kills cancer cells and infections including Lyme disease. I know, it sounds scary but what are my other options? The results other countries are getting with this treatment is staggering.  I have talked to several people that have had great success. I have hope!

This is a lonely disease.  No one can understand what I am going through unless they have experienced it themselves.  What people don't understand is that many Lyme sufferers look absolutely normal, like nothing is wrong. I have had people tell me how good I look but they don't realize how horrible I feel inside.

Follow me on this blog and my experience in Germany to fight chronic Lyme disease and help raise awareness to help others get the treatment they need.  My Germany treatment begins June 15, 2014 and will be completed June 30, 2014.

Sincerely,
Karin Frost


5 comments:

  1. Hi Karin, I subscribed to your blog so I can keep updated with your progress. You are in my thoughts and prayers. JoDee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interested in your healing process Karin, my wife and i look forward to celebrating your good health best wishes for you in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karin,
    We are praying for you. We are here for you and can take Nicole anytime this summer, just have her call me.
    Love you!
    Christine Runde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! I am sure Nicole would love to come over some time. We will keep in touch!

      Delete